Monday, May 16, 2011

Who viewed your profile scams continue to hit Facebook

 Different waves of Profile Views/Who viewed it scams continue to hit Facebook. In fact 3 of 5 of my daily top viewed articles are on Who viewed types of scams. This is not because of me advertising about them but because of the amount of people that are searching for them online. Here is a quick overview of ones I have recently found. The first message I ran into was:

 Wow, It Works Like a charm! See w
ho have viewed Your Profile! (Bad link)

 I did a quick check on the link it went to on WOT (One of the places Facebook gets its database of urls) and this was the rating that I found. I did take the time to rate it and if your a WOT member make sure you take the time to rate the bad scam sites you find red.


 The next scam I ran into was the one with the Monkey again. Although I like monkeys it seems scam writers are liking them also. Here was the new message the monkey was spreading:

 WICKED! Now you can see who views your facebook profile.. i saw my top profile stalkers and my EX is still creeping my profile every day (bad link)


 Once again the domain was not rated on WOT.


 The third message I ran into was this:


 WOAH! my profile was viewed 119 times JUST TODAY, and I can see that I have quite a few stalkers LOL! Find out yours here (bad link)


 This bad link did some short url jumping going from less known short url service to less known  short url service. It eventually led me to a site with a photo. The photo does not look bad but I don't currently got a VM up to look into it more. Again the final url was not rated at all on WOT. However I have noticed the rating are quick to update when I rank the scam sites.


 Once again your start spreading this go into your account settings and remove all suspicious apps. Then delete all the photos and statuses the app may have posted to help prevent others from clicking on it. Then finally I recommend you change your password just to stay safe. Remember no app can tell you who is looking at your profile and how often people are looking at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment