Monday, May 23, 2011

Profile Stalkers still hitting Facebook

 I decided to once again do my daily check for scam sites and spam apps on Facebook and I did notice some interesting

 First one I saw said:

 HEY! just found an easy way to find my Profile stalkers LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >>>>>>>> copy this code into your web address bar at the top and check yours 

 Now this should set off some warning sides, its never a good idea to copy code into your browsers address bar. Gladly when you look at the code it says to enter you can see what site it will try to load. The site it attempts to load is called "Binladensdeathvideo" and a quick WOT check showing the following results for its page. Once again it is unranked. So Web Of Trusters rank that site how you wish.
  
 Next one I ran into was with the following message:


 WOAH! my profile was viewed 89 times JUST TODAY, and I can see that I have quite a few stalkers LOL! Find out yours here (bad url)


 The bad url was a short url, when then lead to a photo hosted on another site. The site the photo was hosted on was not ranked on WOT. Most likely the photo contains instructions on copying code to your browser bar that will lead to the final Facebook scam. So remember its highly recommend to never copy code into your browser bar to let it run. Running the code will eventually make your account start spreading the same message.

No comments:

Post a Comment