Saturday, May 14, 2011

Profile Stalkers continues to hit Facebook hard (5/14/11)

 Yesterday I wrote about Profile Stalkers making a large wave of spam posts through Facebook. I decided to check again today to see if the scam has died down at all. Sadly the scam is still making a very large wave with a few minor changes.

  The scam app is still spreading the following message:
OMG! Its unbeliveable now you can get to know who views your facebook profile.. i can see my top profile visitors and i am so shocked that my EX is still creeping my profile every hour
 Once again this is the same message as yesterday, and again many people are still falling for it and clicking it. They are using the same icons as I talked about yesterday. The one minor difference is that that are not longer only using TinyURL but are using a mix of real domains and short url services. I took a look at one of the domains that the scam users were using and only one web shield service on URLVoid was detecting it as bad. It had not been rated on WOT but I did rate it to help it get blocked on Facebook.
 Remember to watch out for these types of scams and do not click on them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment