Saturday, August 13, 2011

Todays list of Facebook scams (8/13/2011)

 The IGL-Security blog has always been a place to find out about the latest Facebook scams. So since I have not written about them in a while I want to try to get more constant updates about the latest Facebooks scams again, since that is what got IGL-Security started. So for today here are the messages I have found and some research on each of them.

 WOW I cant believe that you can see who is viewing your profile!I just saw my top 10 profile peekers and I am SHOCKED from who is viewing my profile! You can also see WHO VIEWED YOUR PROFILE here: (bad url)


 That messages uses an ow.ly shortened link. The link leads to a site that is hxxp:coolam(dot)info/profilu/. According you URLVoid only one service is detecting that site to be bad. That is the community powered site rating service MyWot.

  WOW I cant believe that you can see who is viewing your profile!I just saw my top 10 profile peekers and I am SHOCKED from who is viewing my profile!You can also see WHO VIEWED YOUR PROFILE here:(bad url)


 This one is ran through a bit.ly. However it links directly to the bad social application on Facebook. Looking at some Bit.Ly stats (I am so glad they make those public) it seems 213 at the time of this writing have clicked on the bad app link. Now that is smaller then some but it still is a lot of people falling for it.


  WOAH! my profile was viewed (random number) times JUST TODAY, and I can see that I have quite a few stalkers LOL! Find out yours here (bad link)


 This was from a spam/scam app run this morning. This lead to an image while most likely said "Copy to code into your browser bar" or "go this this address" which would eventually lead them to the Facebook scam. At the time of this writing no one on Urlvoid was detecting the site as bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment