Thursday, August 18, 2011

Daily Social Scam report (8-18-2011)

 Time for today's daily report of social scams

 First off lets start with one I found interesting. I know its a common message but they way its being run interests me:

 WOAH!!...You guys really have to see this.Finally a simple way to see who views your facebook profile :P ===>(bad short url)


 Now at a first look this looks like just the every day normal social scam I see a lot. However when I extracted the URL I ran into something I had never ran into before, it was a link to the Bath and Body works website. Now when I first extracted that it seemed very weird, but it has provided a way for the spam apps to bypass the url protection of short url services. Yes it was using the Bath&Body works email re-director to take you to the social scam. I just found that interesting.


 Other then that its pretty much the same things I have been reporting the past few days. The same Test and Get a free Iphone 5 (something that has not been announced yet) and it is still spreading over the same domain.

No comments:

Post a Comment