Monday, August 29, 2011

Review: Bitdefender SafeGo for Twitter

 Its time for a full review of BitDefender SafeGo Twitter Edition. Its just been officially released today in beta so I decided to take it for a spin on my twitter account so we shall see how it goes!



 The first thing you must do is connect your Twitter Account to BitDefender SafeGo for twitter. That is pretty simple and you have most likely done similar steps at other sites before. After that Bitdefender SafeGo for Twitter quickly imports your details and looks for social scams on your twitter account. In the screen shot above you can see it importing your account information from twitter. BitDefender SafeGo has a pretty simple UI once it loads you details. It seems to be simple enough for anyone to use in my opinion.

 BitDefender SafeGo for twitter does give you the ability to edit some settings. Its not much to control but it is something. Please note I did decide to change some of the settings and turned everything on. Not all of those settings are on by default


                        I was able to find some fun stuff around BitDefender SafeGo. As it was loading it asked me in the meantime if I knew why they chicken crossed the road. Since it was randomly there (not many computer security vendors add humor into their program) it did make me laugh a bit! Its great to see the vendors having fun while doing a good job.

 Now onto the real reason behind the product, to detect social scams. I stared by looking up to see if I could find an account that was spreading "free iphone" links. Like always it only took me a few seconds in order to find one. Gladly SafeGo already listed the account of being possibly spammy as you can see in this next screen shot. I will continue to test SafeGo for twitter as I do my daily social scam reports.

 Now since it is new it may still have its FPs. As I was testing it BitDefender SafeGo detected one of my friends (who also is a security researcher) twitter account as possibly phishing/malware spreading account. I marked them as safe, I don't see where you are to submit FPs so hopefully they go through and look through the accounts marked safe.

 Over all I think BitDefender SafeGo for twitter is a good idea. I am glad they are finally spreading it out of Facebook into different social networks. I think eventually a lot more people will start to use these types of products and I think more vendors will start to make these kinds of products. If you are looking for a twitter security product this might be a good one to try out, as far as I know its the only one of its kind at the moment. I keep it for a while to see if it ever warns me of anything, I try to keep my twitter account free of people who may be spreading these social scams.


2 comments:

  1. Hello to every body, it is my first go to see of this blog, this website consists of amazing and truly excellent data designed for visitors.

    Visit: http://goo.gl/MjzaK2

    ReplyDelete