Monday, October 3, 2011

Facebook adds more security

 According to a new report that has just came out Facebook has teamed up with WebSense Security to add protection of bad links in Facebook links. This is great news that Facebook is working on improving the security because as I have said I have seen lots of scam and spam links spreading through the social network. You just have to look through some of the past posts here on the IGL-Security blog and you will see what I mean.

 One of the interesting tools I found at the WebSense website is called ACEInsight which is a tool I have just heard about for the first time today. ACE stands for Advance Classification Engine so I ran a quick check on the IGL-Security blog and I must say its a pretty cool tool and does provide a lot of data. If you are looking for URL information this would be one of the tools I recommend. So will this help cut back on the social spam? We will just have to wait and see if the amount of social scams and spam drop.

 If you want to read the full information Websense provides on how it works you will be able to find it here and I must say they do provide a good amount of information. 

No comments:

Post a Comment